Jacobs Consulting provides a full package of services that you may need to complete your project:
- Project management and coordination
- Community engagement and development
- Professional writing
Jacobs Consulting can help you use evaluation to enhance learning and make informed decisions that will improve programs and services. We can help you to:
- define the problem or issue
- identify actions and alternatives
- monitor activities and change
- use existing resources widely
- assess the overall effects of your program or service
We have the knowledge and skills to conduct developmental, process and outcome evaluations that use a utilization-focused approach.
Our evaluation services include:
- evaluation planning and design
- Theory of Change and Logic Model development
- needs assessments
- monitoring process and outcome indicators
- linking evaluation to strategic planning
- knowledge translation and transfer
- use of participatory and youth engagement approaches
- organizational evaluation assessment and coaching
Jacobs Consulting can help you keep on top of the most recent developments in your field. This could include conducting a review of peer-reviewed and grey literature, as well identifying best and emerging practices.
We can conduct:
- literature and scoping reviews
- environmental scans
- jurisdictional reviews
- annotated bibliographies
- key informant interviews
Project management and coordination
Jacobs Consulting can help you manage or coordinate projects so that they are well-planned, well-organized and within budget.
Our approach emphasizes the building of strong, collaborative relationships; establishing clear and respectful lines of communication; defining objectives with tangible progress indicators; identifying and managing risks; and, ensuring outputs are delivered on time with a view to achieving outcomes.
Community engagement and development
Jacobs Consulting can help you gather, listen to and hear the diverse voices in our Nova Scotia communities defined by geography or by interest. Communities are their own best experts and we can help them transform their ideas into achievable goals, actions and outcomes.
Careful listening and respectful collaboration is at the heart of effective community engagement and development. We take a strengths-based approach and work with communities with a view to building sustainable capacity.
Our work with communities includes the following services:
- helping to identify areas of strength and issues of concern
- planning, facilitating and/or reporting on community meetings and forums
- coordinating the development of evidence-based, strategic action plans